Lab 8 Post-Lab Assignment
Due Monday, November 4, 2002
Write a Java application that processes information about a fundraising event. Suppose
several student organizations raise funds for some cause. Your
program's job is to do the following:
- For each organization, read in the name of the organization and the amount of money raised.
- Compute and print the total amount of money raised.
- Compute and print the number of organizations participating.
- Compute and print the name and the amount raised for the organization that raised the most money.
- Compute and print the name and the amount raised for the organization that raised the least money.
- Compute the average amount of money raised by the participating organizations.
- Compute and print the number of organizations that raised over $1000.
Your program should be written with a sentinel controlled loop. The loop should continue
until the user enters q or Q (short for quit) for the name of the
organization. Note: Since the loop is controlled just by the name of the organization
that is the only thing that should be read in before the loop (the initialization). The
amount raised can then be read in first thing inside the loop. Then at the bottom of the
loop read in the next name. If that name isn't q or Q the loop will continue and the
amount raised for that organization will be read in at the top of the loop.
This way you won't be asking the user for the amount raised
when they want to quit.
Be sure your program is appropriately documented!
- Hard copy of your program.
- Tar your post lab directory that contains all of your files and email it to
your instructor with the subject cpsc120 post8.